500 gm flour
1 tsp baking powder
50gm icing sugar
300gm slightly salted butter or ghee, chilled
80ml Marigold King of Kings full cream evaporated milk
500gm pitted prune (blend into paste)
100gm icing sugar (mix with the prune paste)
1 egg yolk
1/2 egg white
- Sift the flour, baking powder and icing sugar into a mixing bowl
- Rub in the butter till the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add Marigold King of Kings full cream evaporated milk and knead till the dough just come together.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for an hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Take 10gm of dough and shape into round ball.
- Flatten the pastry.
- Wrap pastry with 1 tsp of prune paste.
- Shape it into a ball.
- Place pastry ball on baking tray (lined with non-stick baking paper) and press down slightly with your index finger.
- Brush with egg wash (beat 1 egg yolk with 1/2 white of an egg).
- Bake in preheated oven of 160 c for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush the prune delights with egg wash again.
- Bake for another 5 - 10 minutes
- Cool thoroughly on wire rack before storing in airtight containers.