Pineapple Tart Filling
10 raw pineapple (1kg pineapple flesh), 200gm caster sugar
2 cinnamon stick, 4 cloves, 4 blades pandan leaf (knotted)
- Cut pineapple flesh into pieces, blend it in a blender until finely paste, remove. Strain well.
- Cook blended pineapple paste in a non-stick frying pan, add in ingredients(B). Stir-fry over medium heat until slightly dry.
- Add sugar, keep stirring over medium heat until the sugar is well dissolved, stir-fry the pineapple paste until golden in colour. Remove from heat, remove the ingredients (B). Set aside the pineapple paste filling to cool, ready to use.
Pastry Ingredients :
60gm icing sugar
2 egg yolks
370gm plain flour
40gm Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp custard powder
2 tbsp corn flour
Topping : (mix well)
1 egg (beaten)
1/4 tsp salt
- Divide the pineapple filling into small portions, form it into oval shapes.
- Combine all the pastry ingredients in a mixer until form into soft dough. Remove, rest dough for 5 minutes.
- Place some dough into mould. Pipe dough of about 2 1/2 - 3 inch in length, place a piece of pineapple filling on it. Roll the pastry up to enclose the filling.
- Brush the pastry with some beaten egg, bake in the preheated oven at 160 for 20 minutes till cooked and slightly golden brown, remove and serve.