|1 whole Chicken (washed & cut into pieces)|
|6 dried red chilli||
|1 tsp black peppercorn|
|1 tsp fennel|
|1 tsp cumin|
|2 bulb onion (Peeled n cut into pieces)|
|Ginger 1 finger length approx 7 cm(peeled n slice into pieces)|
|1.5 - 2 bulb Garlic (Peeled)|
|1 small cinnammon stick|
|1/2 - 1/4 cup water|
|4 Tbsp Oil for frying|
|2 tbsp meat curry powder|
|1.5 tbsp chilli powder|
|1 big onion (sliced)|
|1 small packet premix spice(1 bay leaves + 1 star alis + 1.5 stick cinnamon stick + 1 cardamon + 5 cloves)|
|1 tomatoe (sliced)|
|2 potatoes (cubed) * optional to precook or raw|
|1 stalk curry leaves|
|1 pc pandan leaf|
|1 lemongrass stalk (smashed)|
|1/2 cup water|
|3 tbsp oil|
|1/2 tbsp salt|
|Method for Curry paste|
|1||) Heat up wok|
|2) Add in Oil to stir fry dried Chilli, once colour changed removed from wok|
|3||)Add all the remainder Ingredient A to fry|
|4)||Once Onion turned brownish removed from wok|
|5||) Blend fried Ingredient A with 1/2 - 1/4 cup water|
|Curry making Method|
|1)||Place oil in pot|
|2||) Stir fry premix spice, till the Cinnamon stick give out fragrant|
|3||3) Add curry leaf, onion, lemongrass stalk & pandan leaf and fry till onion turn brownish|
|4||4) Add in Chicken, water, blended curry paste, curry powders, chilli powders, potatoes & tomatoes|
|(add hot water to own preference for gravy texture)|
|5||) finally add salt to taste and cook for 20 - 25 mins using medium fire|
|6||) Once cooked ready to serve with rice or bread|
|Happy Cooking !
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Ingredients (40 - 50 pieces)
125 ml water
125 ml milk
120 gm unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
1 tsp of coarse salt
250 gm all-purpose flour
4 large eggs (about 60 gm/egg)
250 gm shredded Gruyere cheese, plus more for sprinkling
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 200° c.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, milk, butter and salt and bring it to about to boil.
- Remove from stove, add the flour and stir it in with a wooden spoon until a smooth dough forms.
- Stir over low heat until it dries out (not stick to the pan) and pulls away from the pan, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape the dough into a bowl.
- Let cool fro 1 minute.
- Beat the eggs into the dough, 1 at a time, beating thoroughly between each one.
- Add the cheese and pepper and nutmeg.
- Transfer the dough to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2 inch round tip and pipe tablespoon size mounds onto the baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- On a bowl, beat a whole egg for brushing.
- Brush the egg wash on, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 10 min and turn the tray and continue for another 5 min or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve hot, or let cool and refrigerate or freeze.
- Reheat in a 175° c oven until piping hot and serve immediately.
You can stuff in cream, tuna or other seafood spread. It taste nice when eaten without any spread too.
When making the choux pastry, it is important to be sure that each egg is fully incorporated into the batter before adding the next. Don't worry if the batter separates and looks curdled at first, keep beating, and it will come together nicely.
Think the Gougeres baked by the trainer taste crispier. Gonna to do a few more rounds.