One of the favourite food for KK. She can have Mee Hoon Kuey at least three times a week.
Run out of idea what to cook for the family, so I decide to have Mee Hoon kuey for the family. Simple and easy to prepare, just dump everything into the pot to cook.
Ingredients (serve 4 pax)
Mee Hoon Kuey
(2oo gm of flour, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1 egg - optional) and enough water to knead into a dough. Flatten the dough into rectangle shape and ready to use.
Minced Meat (100 gm)
(add in 1 tsp of Tong Cai, 1/2 tsp of corn, 1/2 tsp of sugar and 2 tsp of light soya sauce). Leave aside for 10 - 15 minutes. Roll the seasoned minced meat into ball shape.
2 - 3 stalks of Xiao Bai Cai or Chye Xin (own preference vegetable)
250 gm of prawn (wash and remove the shell).
1 - 2 clove of chopped garlic.
2 - 3 tbsp of cooking oil
4 bowl of water
4 eggs (optional)
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of sugar
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok.
- Put in the chopped garlic and stir fry until fragrant.
- Pour in the water.
- When water is boil, add in the salt.
- Put in the minced meat ball.
- Add in the vegetable.
- Cut the Mee Hoon Kuey into length size and drop into the boiling soup.
- Let is cook for 2 - 3 min.
- Break the egg and add into the boiling soup (optional)
- Add in the prawn and let it boil until cook.
- Serve with sprinkle Fried Ikan Bilis (anchovies) topping.