Yesterday I bought a medium tube of radish cake (S$2.50) from the wholesale outlet near Aljunied MRT.
That’s what 大宝贝has for her breakfast box.
Get this request across to Mr Chef who did the cooking this morning.
Ingredients (serve 4 pax)
1 medium tube of Radish Cake
2 tbsp Salted Turnips
1 tbsp sweet Soya Sauce (for dark colour fried radish cake)
1 tbsp light Soya Sauce (for white colour fried radish cake)
2 clove of chopped Garlic
1 stem of green onion
1/4 tsp of pepper
4 – 5 tbsp of cooking oil
- Cut the tube of Radish Cake to cube size.
- Beat the egg with pepper (ready for use).
- Heat the wok with cooking oil.
- Put in the chopped garlic and salted turnips.
- Stir fry until fragrant.
- Pour in the radish cake and let it cook for a while.
- Turn the radish cake over and continue to cook.
- Stir in the sweet Soya sauce (for dark radish cake) or light Soya sauce for (white radish cake). You may add in chilli sauce if you like it spicy.
- Continue to stir fry.
- Pour in the beaten egg mixture.
- Let it cook until turning light brown.
- Turn over the radish cake.
- Continue to cook until the radish cake turned light brown.
- Sprinkle the green onion on top of the radish cake and serve .