I used "Ang Ba Jio" (a type of banana specially for cake baking) to bake this Banana Butter Cake. Cake turned up very soft and texture is just right with the natural banana fragrant. I adopt the recipe from "Hong Kitchen". Next time I will left it to ripe for a day or two before using it to bake banana cake.
Ingredients (7 x 7 square cake tin)
250 gm unsalted butter or salted butter (don't add anymore salt to the mashed banana if salted butter is used)
280 gm cake flour
180 gm castor sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sodium bicarbonate
500 gm banana (4-5 nos of banana)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp milk powder or 2 tbsp of milk
- Peel and mash banana fresh in a bowl.
- Add salt and milk or milk powder in mashed banana fresh. Set aside. Don't over mashed the banana if you want to feel the banana bits.
- Sieve and mix cake flour, baking powder and sodium bicarbonate together.
- Beat butter and sugar till creamy and light.
- Add egg to butter mixture, one at a time. Mixed well.
- Add in 1/2 portion of flour mixture and fold in one direction.
- Add on 1/2 portion of banana mixture.
- Put in balance portion of flour mixture.
- Add in balance portion of banana mixture. Mixed well.
- Pre-heat oven at 180 temperature
- Place cake tin for baking at 180 temperature for 5 min.
- Turn to 160 temperature and bake for another 45 min.
- Use a toothpick or chopstick to poke thou the cake to test if is ready. Toothpick should be free of sticky mixture when lift out. Continue for another 10 - 15 min if cake is still moist.