- Pour flour on desktop, add in pastry margarine
- Use hand to short crust pastry
- Knead into dough
- Use plastic bag or cling wrap to wrap
- Put in fridge for 10 mins
- Pour flour in mixing bowl
- Put a well in the centre
- Pour in egg yolk, cold water to mix
- Knead into dough for use
- Put in fridge for 10 Min's
- Put the water dough on a counter top. Roll thin into square (the centre needs to be thick). Put the oil dough on top at the centre. Wrap it up.
2. Sprinkle a bit of flour on it. overturn sprinkle a bit of flour
3. Over turn again. Roll the pastry out into a rectangle.
4. Roll into 1/2 inch thick and fold the left and right sides towards the centre (3 fold) and put into plastic bag. Into fridge for 20 - 3o mins (repeat step 3 to 4 for 2 more times)
5. Take out from fridge. Sprinkle flour and rolled over
6. Turn over and continue to roll
7. Roll into 1/2 inch thick and fold the left to centre and right sides to the centre (4 fold) and put into plastic bag. Into fridge for 15 - 20 mins (repeat 6 to 7 for another time)
8. Roll out the pastry. Shape into circles with moulds. Press into tart moulds. Press with your thumb while turning the tart mould at the same time until the pastry fits snugly on the mould.
9. Remain an edge of about 1/4 inch above the mould. Refrigerate until firm.
10. Put sugar in the filling into boiling water and mix until it dissolves completely. Add egg mixture and mix well. Put in evaporated milk and essence. Mix well and skim off the bubbles.
11. Pour the filling into tart moulds until 90% filled. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200c for about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve.