600 gm Stingray
1 sheet of banana leaf (optional)
Grill Fish Chili Sauce (Grind separately)
100gm of fried chili paste
6 cloves of garlic
6 nos of onion
100gm of dried Shrimps
4 nos of candlenut (Buah Keras)
- Heat oil in wok and fry dried shrimps until fragrant and leave aside.
- Heat oil in wok and stir fry garlic, onion & buah keras together.
- Add in fried chili paste and continue to stir fry at low fire until fragrant.
- Add in fry dried shrimps and continue to stir fry until fragrant.
(need about 4 tbsp of dried shrimps chili paste for the above fish portion, rest can keep in freezer for next use).
Seasoning1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
Juice of 1 stalk serai (lemon grass)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp of oil
- Rub seasoning all over fish and marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven and grill fish at 160 c temp for five minutes and turn over for another five minutes.
- Remove from oven, place on banana leaf.
- Spread premix chili sauce with 2 tbsp of water all over stingray.
- Grill for another 5 minutes and serve with lime juice.
Do not marinate fish for too long, otherwise fish meat will become soft and tasteless.