Ingredients (12 pcs)
200 gm HK flour
130 gm sugar syrup (Golden Syrup)
5 tbsp corn oil or peanut oil
1/2 tsp alkaline water
- Sieve the flour, and make a well in the centre.
- Pour in syrup, oil and alkaline water, knead gently into a dough or use a blender to mix the dough. Leave aside (10 mins with cling wrap or plastic sheet).
- Divide dough into 12 pieces and shape into round shape.
- Dust the mould with some flour and press the dough into the mould to form the shape.
- Remove dough by knocking the two sides against a table top (put layers of table cloth under the mould to support before the knocking).
- Place shaped dough on baking tray.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 until you have finish working on the 12 pcs of shaped dough.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180° C for about 25 mins (high rack or more to upper heat).
- Remove from oven and placed on tray to cool down.
- Brush with super glaze (furnishing effect-optional).