- 210 gm Bread Flour
- 56 gm Cake Flour
- 20 gm Milk Powder
- 42 gm Fine Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 6 gm Instant Dry Yeast
- 30 gm Eggs
- 85 gm Water
- 84 gm Tang Zhong
- 22 gm Unsalted Butter
- 100 gm Chicken Floss
- 9 pcs Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Black Sesame Seed
- Calculating and measuring the ingredients
- Proving (or fermentation), Basic proving - about 40 mins (28° temperature)
- Driving the air out
- Dividing - 9 (60gm each)
- Extended proving - 10 mins (room temp)
- Styling - place dough on counter top with opening placing down. Turn over and ready for filling. Put 1 tbsp of chicken floss bun dough. Close up the seam and place on tray for final proving.
- Final proving - about 30 mins (38° temperature). Spray water on dough after final proving. Brush with egg wash on cheddar Cheese. Placed cheddar cheese over the bun. Sprinkle some black sesame seed on top of the Cheddar cheese.
- Baking temperature - 165° c to lower rack (15 mins).
- Cooling - remove from oven to let it cool down.
Memo : I used the single slice cheese and cheddar cheese for the top layer. Find that the one using single slice turned hard as compared to the cheddar cheese. My own preference is cheddar cheese but 大宝贝 and her friend both said they like the single slice cheese, puzzle me a lot ?? I also roll one mini size and conclude that the size does matter. The filling blend with the mini bread tend to be salty due to the chicken floss and cheese.
Mistake that I made for this bake, over prove the bread. The gluten texture seem to be on a rough side. I missed out a few of the ingredients and keep running to the supermarket to buy it during the proving time. So the pre-preparation is important too.