Another easy to make delight for the family to enjoy and get your taste bud captivate by the aroma that stay within. The best part of it, no baking is required !
1 cup of espresso / black strong coffee
3 tbsp Brandy (optional)
2 large eggs separated
3 tablespoons sugar
250 gms Mascarpone Cheese
2 rice bowl size whipped cream (strong)
150 gms cocoa powder dark
200gms Edler's Boudoir Sponge / Lady Fingers (any brand)
- Mix cup of espresso / black strong coffee and allow to cool, before adding the brandy.
- Separate the eggs and set aside whites. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks and the sugar together until pale and thick.
- Add the Mascarpone and mix until combined (folding method).
- Add whipped cream to the egg, sugar and cheese mixture.
- In another bowl, beat the egg white into soft peaks and then quickly fold into the cake mix.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of cocoa powder into a 7" x 7" tins using a sieve.
- Dip the sponge fingers (sugar side down) into the coffee and brandy mixture, taking care not to soak them for too long before placing in the tin.
- Continue dipping sponge fingers and line them in the tin, creating a layer of soaked sponge fingers. Dust with a thin layer of cocoa powder using a sieve.
- Spread a thick layer of the cake mixture over the layer of sponge fingers.
- Dust with a thin layer of cocoa powder using a sieve
- Place another layer of soaked sponge fingers in the tin, again dust with cocoa powder.
- Smooth the rest of the cakes mixture in a thick layer over the second sponge fingers layer.
- Dust with a thin layer of cocoa powder using a sieve.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to set for two hours. For best flavour, leave for 24 hours before serve.