500 gm of yellow noodle
100 gm of bean spouts
1/2 kg of prawn
10 nos of small onions
1 - 2 nos of fish cake
5 - 7 nos of small rock sugar
4 tbsp of fish sauce
1/2 tbsp of dark soya sauce
1 tsp of salt (add more to your taste)
- Wash and rinse clean the prawns
- Remove the head of the prawns and rinse clean
- Boil 3/4 pot of water (about 2 litre)
- Boil the prawn head in the boiling water for 10 minutes
- Discard prawn head from boiling water
- Put clean prawn with shell in boiling water to boil till cook (5 mins)
- Remove prawn and put it under running tap water for 5 mins
- Remove the shell from prawn and ready for use or you can leave the shell on
- Sieve the soup and put aside
- On the wok, stir fry the rock sugar over medium heat gas until sugar dissolve.
- Pour in the soup for it to boil
- Add in the fish sauce, dark soya sauce & salt to taste
- Continue to boil for another 10 mins
- Slice the small onions
- Use a small micro proof bowl ware. Put the small onion with corn or cooking oil cover over the onion.
- Put into microwave oven and cook for 2 minutes
- Continue with another 1 minutes
- Open the microwave oven door and stir well the onion
- Combine with another 1 minutes and repeat steps 4 - 5 until onions is light brown in colour
- Remove from microwave oven and remove the onion from the onion oil.
- Mix one teaspoon of sugar with the onion. The onion is ready for your use. Onion is crispy and fragrant
Noodle (you can either have it in soup or dry)
- Put water to boil in a pot
- Add in kang Kong, bean spouts and noodle (amount depending on individual liking) to boil.
- Remove from pot and place in a bowl (soup) or plate (dry)
- Place prawn, fish cake on top of cooked noodle
- Boil the soup and pour soup to noodle
- Top with fried onion and sprinkle bit of onion oil to serve
For dry noodle, you can take 1 tsp of onion oil and mix with some chili or tomato sauce for the sauce base.