Serves 2-3 people
110gm sweet potato flour
½ tsp salt
15gm Chinese chives, chopped finely
3 tbsp lard or vegetable cooking oil
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
½ tbsp chopped preserved radish (chai por)
800gm fresh oysters, washed and drained (I used 500gm prawns)
½ tsp fish sauce
½ tsp light Soya sauce
White pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Whisk the starch batter and set aside to let it rest for 15 minute.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in frying pan of about 12-16 inches over medium to high fire. Stir batter as it settles, and ladle over enough to form a thin splattered layer. Don’t let the starch harden, pour in the eggs within five seconds and allow the pancake batter to settle and softly firm up before breaking it up.
- When the texture is crispy outside and soft within, push the batter to the side of the pan.
- Add the chai por, oyster (dip them in the batter for added smoothness) and fish sauce. . Stir-fry quickly. Take care not to overcook the oysters or they will get hard.
- Season to taste with the fish sauce or Soya sauce and pepperDish omelette onto plate, top it with the succulent oysters and garnish to serve.