I was very delight when I come across this recipe while browsing thru some magazine. Can't wait to have my hands on to see if it can satisfy my carving.
It turned out pretty close and "大宝贝" (Da Bao Bei) is very happy too.
Ingredients (serves 4 - 6 pax)
250g cream cheese (Philadelphia)
2 egg yolk
20g sugar (1 tbsp)
30g cornstarch (1 1/2 tbsp)
3 egg white
50g sugar (2 1/2 tbsp)
1 tsp lemon juice
- Wrap up the 18cm round cake mould with aluminium foil
- Preheat oven to 150 c
- Meringue : Beat cream cheese with mixer until fluffy and set aside. Beat separately the egg yolk and become white. The mix together with fluffy cream cheese, and add cornstarch to mix well.
- Beat egg white with a pinch of sugar until fluffy and stop immediately. Add 50gm sugar (2 1/2 tbsp) and continue to beat until foaming and set aside. Then, combine half portion of foaming egg white and lemon juice with the mixture from step 3. Stir slowly to mix well (never stir too fast) and add the remaining portion of foaming egg white. Stir slowly to mix well and pour into the cake mould.
- Pour warm water into the baking tray and put in the cake mould. Bake at 150 c for 45 mins until the surface become golden brown.
- Set to cool completely. Cut into small pieces and serve.